Feeding the Chickens with Leone
Feeding the chickens is part of the children’s day at Leone’s. The children like to help collect the eggs from the coop and feed the chickens.
“It’s warm,” Jessica commented as she put the egg into the egg container.
The children then fed the chickens’ scraps, then a handful of seed.
The eggs sometimes make their way safely back to Leone’s kitchen, where they are sometimes used for some yummy cooking activities.
Learning Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
* Children feel safe, secure, and supported
* Children develop their emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, reslience and sense of agency
* Children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and
Learning Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
* Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation
* Children become socially responsible and show respect for the environment